17 January 2018

Joy Like Swords: The video of my lecture

When I was studying in Rome, something came across my Facebook feed claiming the desk at which J.R.R. Tolkien wrote and illustrated all of The Hobbit and some of The Lord of the Rings was in Illinois. I am not in the habit of taking click bait, but this was one I could not pass up, a click that introduced me to the Marion E. Wade Center in Wheaton, Illinois.

Yesterday afternoon, I had the great and distinct privilege to present a lecture at the Wade Center, a research library dedicated to the writings of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and the other Inklings with whom they wrote. The title of my lecture was ""Joy Like Swords': Hobbits, Franciscans, and the Crucifix," the video of which I am happy to share with you today:


I am delighted to say it was well received by the audience in Wheaton, and I hope you will enjoy it, too.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!! I'm happy that I was able to watch to the last question and your reply...God bless you, Fr. Zehnle! It was a wonderful talk which I will share with the Tolkien fans in my home.

    ReplyDelete