24 May 2015

New data from NASA proves polar ice caps have not receded

For several years now, I have been mocked in person and on social media for not accepting the claim by many so-called climate change scientists that the polar ice caps are melting because of global warming, or climate change, or whatever we're calling it now. Even when I presented evidence proving this claim to be flatly wrong, still I was mocked and called something akin to a denier of science.

To be sure, I do not deny that the climate is changing; that it is, is plain to see. The cause of the change, however, is quite another matter and it might simply be the normal course of things. Indeed, if one studies history, one learns that the global climate has long fluctuated and has been anything but constant, prompting many historians to attribute many significant historical changes to changes in climate.

At any rate, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has released a new data that shows - surprise, surprise - that "the Earth’s polar ice caps have not receded at all since the satellite instruments began measuring the ice caps in 1979." More to the point, "The updated data contradict one of the most frequently asserted global warming claims – that global warming is causing the polar ice caps to recede."

I'd like to think I'll receive apologies from those who basically told me I was stupid, but I won't hold my breath waiting for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment