03 July 2014

Cardinal Koch visits the Holy Face

Father Brian Jerabek kindly shared with me a wonderful picture of il Volto Santo taken during a recent visit to the Holy Face by His Eminence Kurt Cardinal Koch, President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity:




In this photograph, you can clearly see how transparent the veil is, and yet how clearly the face of Jesus is seen in it.

Let us join His Eminence in prayer for the unity of all Christians, that we may be gathered once again into one flock with one shepherd.

2 comments:

  1. Fr Daren,
    This is a bit off topic, excuse me.
    But I wondered if you would be able to help me.
    Could you perhaps do a post on good Books for catholic teens to read?
    I know you are a big reader- and you seem to enjoy our kind of books.
    A friend already passed along this website- perhaps you can add to it or emphasize some of the titles?
    http://frcoulter.com/books/booklist.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good suggestion, Elizabeth; let me give it some thought.

      Delete