26 May 2014

Does Pope Francis like coffee?

One of the things the Italians - and many others, as well - cannot understand about me is utter dislike of coffee, a dislike which borders on hatred. It is the very taste of coffee which I cannot tolerate and goes so far that my taste buds will not allow me even to eat tiramisu.

For many years people have told me that coffee "is an acquired taste" and that I "will get used to it." I've never found these reassuring and have frequently asked in response, "Why would I would to get used to a flavor I already know I don't like?" To this day, no one has been able to answer that question.

Now, why am I rambling on about coffee? A few moments ago I saw a picture taken during Pope Francis' pilgrimage to the Holy Land and the expression of the Holy Father's face led me to wonder if doesn't share my dislike of cofffee:
Were I to capture the above photo, I would simply use, "What is this stuff?"

For the record, I have no idea whether or not Pope Francis likes coffee, but given that most of the world does, I suspect he does drink coffee. But probably only because he hasn't yet discovered Dr Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment