08 November 2012

Unexpected words

Earlier this week the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois held its 16th biennial Diocesan Adult Enrichment Conference with the theme "Living Faith Fully, Sharing Faith Freely" at which Father Robert Barron gave two excellent keynote addresses.

The first morning of the two-day event, Bishop Paprocki and I were waiting in a hallway before the beginning of Morning Prayer as the conference attendees were filing into the appropriate room.

As one young man walked by, he pointed towards me and said, "I've you've seen you on New Advent."  It was, I think, a compliment.

His unexpected words caught me quite by surprise; no one had ever said that to me before.  I'm not sure why, but his words still stick with me these five days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment