12 September 2012

Good news from Alton!

A few minutes ago I had the occasion to speak with one of the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George who works at St. Anthony's Hospital in Alton.

After discussing the matter that initiated my call, Sister shared with me some very good news in regard to their community.

You will remember, I hope, that on August 15, 2012, thirteen women made their Final Profession and three women made their First Profession in the Community, even as two women entered the Novitiate.  Somehow, the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George remain one of the best kept secrets in the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois.

The good news that was shared with is this: three women entered the Community as Postulants last week, four entered this week, one will enter this week, and there are several more women who will enter as Postulants before the end of the year.

The Holy Spirit is moving in the hearts of the young people of this Diocese and across the country in very clear ways; we have seen this also in the increasing numbers of our seminarians.

Let us continue to pray that more young men and women will continue to respond with courageous and generous love to the call of the Lord to dedicate themselves to his service.

2 comments:

  1. I can't just click funny, interesting or cool with regard to this post. The Hospital Sisters in Alton have been graciously blessed with vocations, I have been impressed (from afar) with their humble faith and stalwart mission in healthcare. I pray for their continued success and for all religious vocations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are, Gail!

      I know there's a way to change the names of the reactions, but I can't seem to remember how to do it.

      Delete