04 April 2011

Woman who attempted ordination reconciled with Church

From San Diego, comes a cause of great joy for us all (with my emphases):
The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has lifted all canonical sanctions on American woman, Norma Jean Coon, who took part in an “ordination” ceremony purporting to make her a deacon.


Coon, formerly a member of the Roman Catholic Womenpriests organization, posted a message Feb. 8 on the Internet to renounce her “ordination,” Zenit notes.

In a new message on her site, Coon notes that “the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has lifted any canonical sanctions that I incurred by attempting ordination as a deacon”.

“A letter from Bishop Robert Brom states that I may now return to the full practice of our Catholic faith. I have been very touched at the remarkable support of my actions and the prayers offered in my behalf during this trying time.

I wish to thank all those who have prayed for me and for my family. The prayers and masses have been deeply appreciated. May Lent and Easter hold many blessings for you and your family,” Coon says.

Coon, a mother of five, participated in a ceremony in Santa Barbara attempting her ordination July 22, 2007
[A word here has been removed that made no sense originally; I type random things at the end of a section I intend to block quote.  I forgot to remove it and add a final thought; I apologize for the confusion if you saw the post prior to this message.]

Let us all give thanks to God for this good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment