14 March 2011

There and back again

Over the course of the last week or so I have had the happy opportunity on two separate days to celebrate the Holy Mass for the classes of St. Anthony High School on retreat at St. Aloysius Parish in Bishop Creek, Illinois.

Today I was able to conduct the retreat for the eighth graders who will be receive the Sacrament of Confirmation tomorrow evening from Bishop Paprocki.

Not quite thinking very clearly and having fallen into a bit of a habit of driving out to Bishop Creek, I found the doors of the parish center locked when I arrived early to set up and the parking lot empty.

I quickly opened my tub of useful retreat materials that had been given to me and discovered that I was supposed to be in Green Creek, on the other side of Effingham. Somewhat frustrated, I went back to my car and arrived at St. Mary, Help of Christians Parish in Green Creek just in time for the retreat to begin.

I think things went well; at the very least, the students seem to have enjoyed themselves.

Will you please join me in praying for these candidates? Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment