30 March 2011

A disappointment, and a question resolved

Being something of a nerd - and proud of it - some of my friends are also nerds who have a knack at finding entertainments of a somewhat unusal nature. One of these friends recently discovered what promised to be a most enjoyable evening Saturday in St. Louis: an orchestral concert featuring the music from the soundtracks of The Lord of the Rings movies. We purchased our tickets a couple of weeks ago and have been looking forward to the concert; my excitement about the concert has been steadily growing. Until yesterday. At the same time, the Bishop will not require my assistance this weekend and so I have been wondering where I would celebrate Mass on Sunday; until last evening I had not yet made arrangements. Just before we left for Confirmation in Bishop Creek yesterday, I received a phone call from a priest asking if I was still able to fill in for him this weekend. At first I didn't really know what he was talking about, but as I gave it some thought I remembered talking with him and with the Bishop about it; I must have simply forgotten to put it on my calendar. His call came as a disappointment since I will now no longer be able to attend the concert, but at least I know where I'll be for Mass this weekend: Shelbyville, Moweaqua and Assumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment