03 March 2011

A castle in Indiana: Bishop Brute College Seminary

On Tuesday I visited with Bishop Simon Bruté College Seminary in Indianapolis with Bishop Paprocki and Father House, the Director of the Office for Vocations, to visit the four seminarians we have there from the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois.

Bishop Paprocki celebrated the Holy Mass for the seminarians and afterwards we went out to eat with the seminarians before returning to Springfield. It was a brief visit, but a good one.

The complex in which houses the seminary was formerly a Carmelite monastery and was, I'm told, modeled on the castle at Avila, Spain.
Despite not having a knocker on the front door, a moat, or a trebuchet, I was impressed with what I saw and felt at home. You can view a few pictures I took here.
I'll be returning to the seminary today with a prospective seminary who is interested in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment