01 May 2010

Backyard help

This past week a few of my former students helped put up a fence in part of the backyard of the rectory, both so Claire (my puppy) has a place to safely play outside and so I have a peaceful place to read and relax.

They did a fine job with it (I'll post a few pictures tomorrow if it's a nice day) and now I find myself pondering what to put in the fenced in area. On the one hand, I'm thinking of a medieval theme and on the other hand I'm thinking of a Hawaiian theme. I can't decide which idea I like more, and I'm not too sure they'd go well together. What do you think?

I'm also thinking what flowers and shrubs to plant there, keeping in mind a puppy who likes to chew on lots of various things. Do you have any favorites you'd like to suggest (keeping in mind also the climate of central Illinois)? I'm tempted to get a couple of banana trees and plant them in large pots so I could move them inside (with help) in colder weather.

1 comment:

  1. Pin Oak trees and Japanese Boxwood (shrubs).

    ReplyDelete