04 March 2010

Patience is a virtue...

I have a fair amount of patience, but not nearly as much as I should like.

Some years back, one of my friends said to me, "Patience is a virtue." I responded without hesitation, "And sometimes it's a waste of time."

This morning I needed an extra shot of patience - as I noted on my Facebook status - and the Lord kindly grant it to me. Responding to my status update, a friend sent me this poem her mother used to recite:

Patience is a virtue
Practice it when you can
Seldom seen in women
Never seen in man
It has a ring of truth to it, but then we all know that certain someone who has more patience than should be allotted to a mere mortal.

2 comments:

  1. Nice poem. I agree with it to a funnybone degree. My husband has much much more patience than I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found I can have incredible (at times maddening to others) amounts of patience with others. For myself, however, I seem to have almost none. Patience definitely is a virtue, but like all virtues it can go awry it seems.

    ReplyDelete