13 January 2010

Do younger priests not drink coffee?

Apparently the younger clergy of the Diocese are developing a reptutation for not drinking coffee, or at least that is the impression I am given from one of our retired priests who will generously be covering my parishes this weekend while I am away on Teens Encounter Christ retreat.

He wrote:


Hey! What's with you younger clergy and not drinking coffee? When I supply for a young man, I usually have to find a Casey's or Hardee's to get my morning fix.
Lucky for him there's a Hardee's just a block north of the rectory. Personally, I can't stand even the hint of coffee.

I wonder: is he right? Do older priests drink coffee and younger priests not? If so, why might this be?

My brother priests: what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment