31 October 2009

Oh, think!

A few moments ago I returned to the rectory from a errand-running trip to Springfield where, it seems, a great many people are not thinking properly today as they run their own errands. I encountered nothing out of the ordinary, just people parking their carts in the middle of the aisle; having lenthy conversations with several shoppers clogging up the crossroads, as it were; and people who have simply forgotten the rules of the road. The difference this morning seemed to be the larger numbers of such people.
Each of these things always annoys me greatly - I'm sure one day I will rant here about it - so I collected what I needed as quickly as I could.

When I sat down at my computer to briefly check my crops on Facebook's Farmville, I noticed an advertisment for a line of Christian clothing: NOTW.

The acronym stands for Not of this World, taken from John 17:16, "They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world."

This line of clothing appears rather stylish - at least to these eyes - and seems to imitate much of the kind of the clothing that can be found in shops today. Does anybody else see the irony of this?

It seems someone else wasn't thinking very clearly today either. How is it possible to claim not being part of this world when your very dress says you are quite caught up in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment