13 July 2009

A Prayer for Parish Priests

I have been working this morning on my talks for this weekend's Great River Teens Encounter Christ retreat #260. In the midst of papers and letters, I found a card given me on the occasion of my ordination to the priesthood that included the following Prayer for Parish Priests by Saint John Vianney:

Pray that God may give to His Church
today many more Priests
after His own Heart.
Pray for all the Priests
under your patronage,
that they may be worthy representatives
of Christ the Good Shepherd.
May they wholeheartedly
devote themselves to prayer and penance;
be examples of humility and poverty;
shining models of holiness;
tireless and powerful preachers
of the Word of God;
zealous dispensers of
God's Grace in the Sacraments.
May their loving devotion
to Jesus in the Eucharist
and to Mary His Mother
be the Twin Foundations of fruitfulness
for their ministry.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment