17 June 2009

Looking for a good book?

I do not read a lot fiction and when I do it is usually something along the lines of The Lord of the Rings. I only rarely read a work of fiction concerning the modern era (I have always preferred medieval-ish things).

However, having heard a great deal about Piers Paul Read's new novel, The Death of a Pope, I decided to give it a read. And I am glad I did.

It took me about thirty-five pages to get into the book, as it were, but after that I was hooked. I had a quiet day yesterday and took advantage of it to read the book.
Read develops the plot and characters well, and keeps the twists coming in such a way that I did not want to put the book down for the last one hundred pages or so.
If you're looking for a good summer read, grab a copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment