23 February 2009

Representative Shimkus responds

Before I left for Hawaii I received a response from Congressman John Shimkus regarding the Freedom of Choice Act, dated January 28, 2009.

Mr. Shimkus wrote:
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for contacting me regarding my position on the fundamental right to life for all.

My response, albeit brief, is straight to the point. I support the fundamental right to life. My votes have always reflected that position and always will.

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your opinions with me. I would encourage you to stay up to date on this and other issues of interest by signing up for my weekly electronic newsletter. You may do so by visiting my website at www.house.gov/shimkus.

I did sign up for his e-newsletter; you can subscribe to it in the sidebar in the righthand side of the screen.

I also have a lengthier response from Senator Richard Durbin which will require a good fisking. As I have that in the house, it will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment