27 February 2009

Just a little Friday humor

From time to time I receive text messages from some of our students on various topics. Generally, they involve worthwhile questions, but sometimes I receive texts like the following:

Student: I need food
Me: I'm not a delivery boy.

Student: Yes huh
Me: No, I'm not.

Student: Ha fine
Me: You'll get food soon.
This particular student was in study hall at the time (using his time today very productively, no doubt), about forty minutes before lunch.

Sometimes all you can do is laugh, smile and shake your head.

What did Saint John Bosco say:

The teacher who is only seen in the classroom, and nowhere else, is a teacher and nothing more; but let him go with his boys to recreation and he become a brother.
Now I'm off for a quick lunch and then to visit with one of our fourth grade classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment