05 November 2008

The morning after

I slept precious little last night after watching coverage of yesterday's election of Senator Obama to the Oval Office. I spent much of the night in prayer and - after retiring for the night - what little sleep I did have could have been more restful.

It will be an interesting day in the high school where in their mock election Senator McCain won the election something like 150-50. Questions will come full force today and I am not ready for them. I fear for the future of this nation and pray to be proven wrong. Judging by Facebook statuses, my students are also greatly concerned for the future.

Over in England, Fr. Ray Blake comments on the election of Senator Obama, saying,

As an outsider I can't help but think Mr Obama's election is the triumph of form
over substance, and rhetoric over policy.

Sadly, he could not be more correct.

I was astounded last night at the claim of so many supposed "commentators" and "experts" who repeatedly said that we do not know Senator Obama, neither his past nor his policies, yet we elected him anyway.

It is a very sad day indeed when a nation elects a man whom they do not know and whose policies they know not to the highest office.
There have been a few who tried to pass on knowledge of Senator Obama's policies but the majority of people simply would not listen to them.
Fr. Blake also asks an exellect question: "Where was the Catholic vote? And what will the American biships says?" I should like to know the same.
For more on the so-called Catholic vote, Rocco has much of that information for us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment