24 October 2008

Quincy bound

Due to a happy set of unexpected circumstances, I am soon to leave for a weekend in Quincy, without any duties or responsibilities of any kind.

I was to cover for a priest in Paris, Illinois this weekend but as it turns out he is unable to get away this weekend. As our very generous retired priest was already on schedule to cover our mission parish for me - which he enjoys doing - I've decided to take the weekend off.

I've arrived to have dinner with some dear friends this evening and a game of Apples to Apples. If you haven't played it yet, you really should.

Tomorrow I will bounce around visiting my family.

On my way back to Effingham I'll stop in Springfield and have lunch with friends from college.

Despite cloudy and chilly driving weather, it promises to be a most enjoyable and relaxing weekend.
Posting may or may not be light this weekend and a homily will not be posted because I won't be preaching anywhere.

And because you liked it so much the first time I posted it, here again is Libera singing "Going Home":



For the curious, the lyrics to the song:

Going Home

Going home going home
I am going home
Quiet like, some still day
I am going home

It's not far, just close by,
through an open door
Work all done, care laid by
never fear no more

Mother's there expecting me
Father's waiting too
Lots of faces gathered there
All the friends I knew

I'm just going home

No more fear No more pain
No more stumbling by the way
No more longing for the day
Going to run no more

Morning star lights the way
Restless dreams all gone
Shadows gone, break of day
real life has begun

There's no break, there's no end
Just living on
Wide awake, with a smile
going on and on

Going home Going home
I am going home
shadows gone break of day
real life has begun

I'm just going home

No comments:

Post a Comment