04 August 2008

Where to begin?

The worst part of any journey - at least in my mind - is returning.

There is, first of all, the unpacking that must be done and putting things back in their place. If this wasn't bad enough, there is, secondly, the mounds of mail which must be sorted through.

Then there are the telephone messages to return and the e-mail or two which was placed in the "To be dealt with" folder.

All of this makes for very tedious work that grows old very quickly.

I've been at it now since about 7:30 this morning, and I'm still not finished.

If this weren't bad enough, we have a heat index today of 105 degrees...it's disgusting.

The vast majority of the mail, of course, was trash, but some it was worthwhile.

I'd go run away and hide with a good book for a bit but I'm waiting on a family to come work on arrangements for a funeral on Wednesday.

After this meeting I'll try to get a few thoughts going for a homily based on the readings they select.

Supper will follow: fish on the grill. That should be good. And after supper is an unofficial soccer practice, which will be enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not as bored or unsettled as this sounds. I'm just tired, worn out, and a bit bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment