30 August 2008

Two surprises

This evening after Mass I received a little pleasant surprise.

A gentleman complimented me on my homily saying it was well thought out, but there was more to Faithful Citizenship than abortion.

I was stunned. He might be the first layman I have met that has read the document.

It turns out he's from Missouri and was in politics for twenty (or thirty, I can't remember) years.

When I returned to Effingham I went out for supper at Steak 'N Shake. I had a little surprise there, too.

It seemed that young families with no fewer than three children kept coming in. Two families with four children left as we placed our orders. As we ate three other families came in, one with five children and two with four children. It was delightful.

It has me wondering if there isn't a young family with several children conference in town or if Steak 'N Shake has become the place for young families.

No comments:

Post a Comment