02 July 2008

My cute nephew

My little nephew, Matthew William, must be one of the cutest kids around:


(That's his great-grandma Millie -my father's mother - in the background watching a video of Matthew flying a kite.)

He'll turn two years old on July 15th, the opening of the World Youth Day 2008. He also very much looks like a Zehnle boy and has my eyes (I received them from Mom).

Last night he discovered that he could pour a liquid from one cup into another cup - and back and forth again - before drinking. It was very amusing, both for him and for us.


It was a good, brief and simply visit with my family last night from which I returned just after midnight this morning.


It's been a long day of packing, reconfirming, and arranging binders of essential medical information and what not.


I think I've answered all of my physical mail and e-mail (that won't hold for long) and my desk is - surprisingly - clean and clear.


I have a few more details to see to as I try to ready for my office to be occupied by the visiting priest - may God bless him richly - who will fill in for me in my absence.


Next I must make a back-up of my laptop which will come along for the pilgrimage as a place to dump pictures. Since there'll be twenty-five of us tagging along I'll also be emptying the laptop of all non-essential files, both for privacy and extra storage space.


We begin the pilgrimage later tonight or, rather, very early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment