28 April 2008

Pope noticed what we did

After praying the Regina Ceali yesterday with the pilgrims gathered in St. Peter's Square, Pope Benedict XVI briefly spoke of his recent Apostolic Journey to the United States of America and to the United Nations.

According to the translation from Zenit, the Holy Father said:

I give thanks to God for abundantly blessing this singular missionary experience of mine and deigning to make me an instrument of the hope of Christ for that Church and that country. At the same time I thank God Because I too was confirmed in hope by American Catholics: Indeed, I discovered a tremendous vitality and a decisive will to life and to witness to the faith in Jesus.

Now, it could be that His Holiness was referring to the vitality of the faith of the Church in America, but I wonder if it isn't also a hint at the vitality that he clearly experienced during hsi jam-packed visit.

Pope Benedict XVI went on to say, "Next Wednesday, during the general audience, I will speak more about this visit of mine to America."

I'm very curious to hear the Holy Father's take on his visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment