15 April 2008

Papal Travel Varia

This morning I went to the National Basilica of the Immaculate Conception and overheard some of the bookstore staff saying that the Basilica will be closed to the public tomorrow (Wednesday). I didn't think to ask whether it would be closed on Thursday when he meets with Catholic educators at the Catholic University of America.

I also went to the Pope John Paul II Cultural Center, only to find it closed, and apparently so since the weekend. I doubt it will be open until Friday; I could not get inside to ask anyone and I can't remember what the sign on the door said.

The American Papist provides us with a couple of links to articles concerning a press conference of sorts that the Holy Father held aboard Shepherd One. The Holy Father should land on U.S. soil in about 3 hours and 45 minutes.

The USCCB has updated the Popemobile routes with times that the Holy Father can be seen at various points along the way. I'll be reading through the instruction book for my camera to sure I know how use that handy "burst" mode.

Pictures from this morning will be on the way soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment