21 December 2007

Romeward bound!

You might have noticed that I haven't been around the blogosphere much lately. For that I do apologize and hope you've managed to entertain yourself with Christmas preparations.

It's been a busy week, with final exams and Christmas preparations and the day-to-day work of a priest. Suffice it to say that I'm worn out, though I should be able to get a good night's rest tonight, and even sleep in a bit in the morning.


Blogging will continue to be sparse until the weekend and Christmas homilies are written, presents are wrapped and cards addressed. I'm happy to say that most of my presents are wrapped, though my cards have a long way to go (I count on those Twelve Days every year). The homilies are - thanks be to God - finally beginning to take shape in my mind so they can be put forth on paper.



In the midst of all this a priest friend called the other day and invited me to go to Rome with him one month from today. He found a steal of a deal online that simply was too good to pass up. We'll spend seven days in Rome and will be there for the Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul. When last I was in Rome I had a profound experience in the Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls on this same Feast. I'll blog about this closer to the Feast.



Until I blog again, I live you with this image of the Holy Father:




Let us, with Pope Benedict XVI, turn our gaze to Christ who made himself small to raise us to greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment