03 October 2007

Francis day celebrations

The great day has finally arrived: the liturgical commemoration of Saint Francis of Assisi!

As you might expect, I have several events planned to celebrate and honor the Seraphic Father both tonight and throughout the day tomorrow. If you are around, please come to the public events.

Wednesday

The Transitus (the death of Saint Francis) will be celebrated by the Friars Minor in Saint Francis of Assisi church in Teutopolis at 7:30 p.m.

Thursday

At 6:30 a.m., I will celebrate the Holy Mass in honor of the Poverello in Saint Anthony of Padua church in Effingham.

A few hours later, in the chapel of St. Anthony Hospital, I plan to concelebrate the Holy Mass at 10:30 a.m. with a Friar who is celebrating his golden jubilee this year.

The priests of the Effingham Deanery will gather for their monthly luncheon at Noon.

At 3:30 p.m., I will bless pets in the parking lot of Saint Anthony of Padua parish under the statue of the Hammer of Heretics.

At 4:00 p.m., I will either be hearing confessions for First Friday devotions or attending the Senior Night program for our senior soccer players (that depends on whether or not I can have our retired priest hear confessions this month).

At 4:30 p.m., the soccer team plays their archrival from Teutopolis. It's bound to be a good game.

At 7:00 p.m. I will teach the R.C.I.A. class on the person of Jesus Christ.

It will be a full day, and a most enjoyable one!

No comments:

Post a Comment