21 September 2007

A lack of communication

One of the soccer players complained today that I don't post enough about the team here.

To answer his complaint, I'll post the team picture:

Judging from the picture, we either don't follow directions well, or we simply don't communicate well. I'm opting for the later.

All sorts of suggestions for the picture were circulating amongst the team when the picture was taken, leading to some smiles, some blank stares (like mine, off in my own world), some odd signals, and a few just goofy looks.

In one hour's time the team plays against Raymond-Lincolnwood at our field. Last year when we played on their field, if memory serves, it was during the buildup of what could have been a magnificent fall storm capable of tornadoes and everything else. It was a lot of fun watching the clouds roll in and to feel the wind pick up. Sadly, that doesn't seem likely today.

Before the game is over I will need to be on my way to a wedding rehearsal about twenty minutes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment