15 June 2007

Benedict XVI and the future of the Church

Yesterday evening a group from the Liturgical Institute went to hear Mr. George Weigel speak on the topic of Pope Benedict XVI and the future of the Church.

I am very glad that I went. Mr. Weigel has, of course, been covering and reporting on the Catholic Church for many years. In addition to this, he has a sharp intellect and a good grasp of the state of things cultural and religious. If you ever have the chance to hear Mr. Weigel speak, do so. It is well worth it.

Mr. Weigel is a devout Catholic himself and so has a keen interest in the things of which he speaks. He is very knowledgeable about Church history, theology, liturgy and most everything else, it seems. His thought his merely a job, but is a great service to the Church.
When we arrived I realized that I forgot to bring a pen with me (paper I had) so I regret to say that I cannot give you an adequate description of what he said, but I assure you it was excellent. He seems to have his finger on just the right pulse.

Mr. Weigel agreed to sign books after his talk and posed for a picture with the group from the Liturgical Institute:

No comments:

Post a Comment