05 May 2007

A good day

The day at Six Flags yesterday was an enjoyable and a good one.

When we left Effingham it was raining the entire way down. I checked the forecast for St. Louis before leaving: 40-60% of thunderstorms all day. I wondered what we would do all day long in the rain.

Recently, the high school acquired a school bus type of vehicle that runs and rides very well, but seems to need a bit of work. There are two escape hatches in the ceiling, both of which have a small leak in them. The students - bright as ever - devised a very clever way to resolve the problem: they opened up an umbrella and attached it upside down to the hatch! I have a picture of that somewhere...

When we arrived at the park it was still raining a bit and it sprinkled for a couple of hours, but all in all it wasn't too bad. We stayed at the park from just after 10:00 a.m. until just before 6:00 p.m. and this priest is still a little tired fromt that. So were the students. By 5:00, all but one were more than ready to head home.

I'm happy to say my cold is well on the way out - it gave me no trouble at all yesterday - and by Monday morning I'm hopeful it will be gone. This may be the fastest cold I've had in years.

Today will be a very light blogging day - if at all - as I compose the homily for the weekend, grade papers, hear confessions, celebrate two Masses (6:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.), baptize a baby, and then attend the dinner for prom. Oh, and begin packing.

I know some of you are dying to know if I rode any rides so I'll not hold you in suspense any longer: I did, some sort of a mine car thing that looked to be the calmest ride. I enjoyed it not at all. A group of us also played bumper cars; that I enjoyed very much.

2 comments:

  1. Bumper cars rule. My favorite are at Knobel's in PA. They are older ones from the 50's or so and are very heavy. But when they hit another, they absorb most of the impact.

    Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete