03 March 2007

You might think too much if...

...you try to strategize the playing of Kerplunk!

I spend the afternoon at the home of some parishioners both for lunch and to learn how to play backgammon. It is one of those games that I have always wanted to play but never could find anybody who knew how. It is an easy game to play, really, and after learning to play the children wanted to play games, too.

The oldest introducted me to a game called Quorridor. It is a good strategy game where you use pieces to make walls like a maze to stop your opponent from crossing the board.

We then played a game called Chairs where you alternate stacking small plastic chairs on top of each other until one of you knocks the stack over.

The younger kids then joined us in playing Kerplunk!, Blurt!, and Connect 4.

I did well in all of the games except Kerplunk! I suppose strategies are not always what they are cracked up to be.

Tonight the parish is hosting a Trivia Night in which I will be playing. It should be a good evening and a nice to finish a day of gaming before I make the second and three degrees in the Knights of Columbus tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment