08 March 2007

The Reverend Sir

This past Sunday, together with about sixty other Catholic men of good repute, I was dubbed a Knight of Columbus of the third degree at the Effingham Council, Council 665. I suppose this now makes me the Reverend Sir Daren J. Zehnle.

I cannot comment on the ceremonies of the degree conferral except to say that they were very well executed and very inspiring and encouraging. Fr. McGivney knew well what he was doing so many years ago!

This coming August I will be made a Knight of Columbus of the fourth degree. My main question about this is: Do you I get a sword?

3 comments:

  1. No sword, but you can replace the pom-pom on your biretta with a big ostrich plume.

    Congrats on your third degree (and you're not in trouble with this third degree).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...now that would be fun! For a little while...

    :c]

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're a Knight in WV I think you get a shotgun in lieu of the sword.

    (I went to HS and college in WV- I'm allowed.)

    Congratulations, Father!

    ReplyDelete