04 March 2007

Pinned at the End

The Trivia Night at the parish last night was a great success. Twenty-one teams of eight members turned out for the event; a huge success and something like $4,000 was raised to support the music program at the grade and high schools and the newly formed Fellowship Committee.
I was on a team comprised largely of people gathered together at the last minute. Of the eight of us on the team, two were from St. Anthony of Padua Parish - the sponsoring parish - five were from Annunciation Parish - the mission parish attached to St. Anthony's - and I counted for both parishes.

They asked me for possible suggestions for the name of the group but I was late with my responses:

Academic Antonians
Antonian Answers
Paduan Learners
Annunciations
As it turns out, it was just as well that I was late. My team came in dead last, but only by two points... We did, however, win a trophy (see photo above). It says, "Pinned at the End - St. Anthony Trivia Night - Spring '07".

We may have to hold this event more often. In that event, I will have to bush up on more recent trivia. I told my team I was only good for questions regarding something prior to the Reformation, although I did know that Ozzy Ozborne tried bit a bat who bit back. The crowd especially enjoyed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment