07 February 2007

Here we go!

In just over hours' time I will be at the airport in Champaign to collect Mr. Christopher M. Padgett. He is flying in to give our junior class retreat that will be held tomorrow.

I first met Chris several years ago at our Diocesan Youth Days and we easily formed a friendship, supported, no doubt, by our mutual love of books.

What impressed me so very much about Chris is that he is not your typicall youth minister on the scene today. There is no fluff to his message, no self-help psycho-babble, no "I'm ok, you're ok". His message is solid, faithful and inspiring. Chris is not afraid to tackle the difficult issues of the day like divorce, death, depression, etc. He confronts the issues head on and leads the youth to Christ.

He does this both through his music and his own stories. He is a great story teller who is able to capture the audience with his delightful humor and the seriousness with which he speaks. When he talks you know that he means and believes what he says, and that it is the truth.

I am happy to give my enthusiastic recommendation to Christ. The tag line on his web site is: "Christ does not call us to complacency. He calls us to sainthood. You ready?"

I am very excited to be working with Chris again!

No comments:

Post a Comment