19 January 2007

Longen folk to goon on pilgrimages

This evening I shall be departing with our Diocesan pilgrimage to Washington, D.C. for the annual March for Life. The 318 youth and adults will bus through the night on the way to the nation's capitol. The seventeen hours - or so - on a bus is quite grueling, but it is a pilgrimage; it isn't suppossed to be easy!

Tomorrow evening I will also be visiting the Vatican. How, you ask? A friend of mine - Sr. Clementia, F.S.G.M., whom you may remember, works in the Apostolic Nunciature, the Vatican equivalent to an embassy. While I am on the grounds of the Nunciature I will be on Vatican City-State soil. I am very much looking forward to my visit with Sr. Clementia.

Sunday evening we will of course participate in the Vigil Mass at the National Basilica of the Immaculate Conception. Immediately after the March on Monday we will board our busses and begin the trek home.

Please keep us - and all pilgrims en route to Washington, D.C. - in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment