30 January 2007

I'm a Melancholic

I found a new medieval personality test through Ad Dominum's blog. My Medieval temperament is that of the Melancholic, something I have known about myself for a long time. I find the description of hte Melancholic helpful and right to the point.

You are a "nervous" Melancholic, with an abundance of black bile. Melancholics are characterized by the element of Earth, the season of Autumn, middle-aged adulthood, the colors black and blue, Saturn, and the characteristics of "Cold" and "Dry." Animals used to symbolize the Melancholic include the pig, cat, and owl. To ehnance your Melancholic tendencies, listen to music in the Mixolydian Mode; to diminish those tendencies, listen to music in the Hypomixolydian mode.
Famous Melancholics include St. John of the Cross, St. John the Divine, St. Francis, and St. Catherine of Siena.
If you were living in the Age of Faith, perfect career choices for you would be contemplative religious, theologian, artist, or writer.
If what it says is true, I have done well in my vocation and in my deep and profound love of Saint Francis.

You can find out your own Medieval temperament
here.

The full description of the Melancholic can be read
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment