25 January 2007

Friday evening I left with my fellow pilgrims for Washington, D.C. to participate in the March for Life. Feeling then rather better than I did that same morning I thought I was healthy enough to make the pilgrimage. I was, it seems, a bit mistaken.

Saturday morning I awoke to discover that my voice was nearly gone. Aside from that, I felt fine, although my throat was often very dry and course. Regardless, the pilgrimage was certainly worth it.

Saturday evening I was able to visit my friend, Sr. Clementia, F.S.G.M., at the Apostolic Nunciature. Being dark by the time I arrived, I took no pictures of the outside of the building, nor I did take pictures of the inside, which I now regret.

After touring the Nunciature and meeting the Apostolic Nuncio, Archbishop Pietro Sambi, in the hallway on his way to dinner, Sr. Clementia and I had a very pleasant visit.

The pictures of Sister and I were taken inside the foyer of the Apostolic Nunciature.

Sunday morning I went to the National Archives to see the Magna Carta held there. Afterwards I went to the National Gallery of Art to see the "Prayers and Portraits" exhibit of the Netherlandish dyptich. If you have a chance, the exibit is wonderful.

That evening I attended the Vigil Mass at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.

Monday morning we were fortunate enough to have our Bishop with us, the Most Rev. George J. Lucas. He celebrated Mass for us - with a number of his priests concelebrating - before the March itself. After the March we boarded our busses and began the journey home, arriving back at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday. I'll post some reflections on the March itself at a later time.

Yesterday afternoon, tired of losing the battle with my cold, I went to the doctor and received an antibiotic. Today then I will spend resting in the hopes that the cold will be vanquished.

No comments:

Post a Comment