12 December 2006

Exhaustible paper clips

I have had the same paper clip holder (whic looks like the one in the picture, only the clear part is a bit darker on mine) on my desk since high school. Much to my surprise my college and seminary years I never had to buy more paper clips than I first purchased in high school. The holder simply seemed inexhaustible - whenever I needed a paper clip, there were always plenty to be had.

About a month ago I realized my supply of paper clips seemed to be dwindling, for reasons that I do not fully understand. I can only surmise that I am using many more paper clips as a Parochial Vicar than I am receiving.

This morning, for the first time in at least ten years, my paper clip holder was empty. I used the last paper clip to . . . I can't remember now what I used it for (and it was only twenty minutes ago!).

At any rate, I now have one hundred paper clips in my holder. I wonder how long they will last?

No comments:

Post a Comment