23 September 2006

The "chaplain" hits the road

Last evening I traveled with our soccer team to an away game in Raymond, Illinois. It was an enjoyable evening but the team unfortunately lost the game.

They played the first of what should have been two games, but threatening weather canceled the second.

As I sat on the bench with the team we watched both the game and the skies, searching for the formation of thunderstorms and possible tornadoes, arguing with one another as to what the skies portended.

On the way to the game I was able to finish reading a couple of books and I typed this post on the bus on the way home. I may have to do this more often (it’s not bad at all traveling and not having to drive!). This way I am able both to visit with the students and get some work finished. I was even able to write half of my homily. This is the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment